I have made a few Emery dresses and Betty dresses so far but generally have stuck to Emerys in the Winter and Bettys in the Summer. I do love an Emery but for this fabric I wanted a more swooshy skirt and so used the Betty bodice and skirt with the Emery sleeves. I think the result is one of my favourite makes so far.
This make was also rather special as it was the first time that I had used my overlocker – and as everyone has told me before – now I have no idea how I lived without one.
There isn’t much to say in terms of changes for the Betty pattern to adapt it for sleeves. I basically still cut the lining pieces but chopped off the armhole parts, then added the sleeves in the usual way as detailed in the Emery instructions.
I think the result is flattering and has made me think that big skirts can also work for Winter. I can’t wait to make my next Betty/ Emery hybrid!