I haven’t made pjs for a while and when better to make some then when you’re in lockdown. I’ve seen some lovely linen versions of the Common Stitch Pipit PJs and I think it looks amazing in plain or patterned fabrics. I had this Rifle Paper Co cotton that they kindly gifted me when they released their Primavera collection. I had two yards so I knew I wouldn’t have enough to make any long PJ bottoms so the Pipit PJ pattern was a perfect choice.
The pattern does require a little bit more fabric than I had so I had to get creative with the pattern placement. I made the sleeves shorter and used a contrasting facing in order to get all the main pieces out of my 2 yards.
The sew was relatively straightforward, I didn’t make any fitting adjustments because they’re quite loose fitting anyway. I made a size 8 top and size 10 bottoms and next time I might size down on both of those as they are quite roomy.
Overall it’s such a satisfying project and such a good stash buster if you have 2 metres lying around.
Excited to make more of these. I think next time I will use a floatier fabric, and I might try making a plain set. I’d also size down and potentially do fake buttonholes as it’s easy to get over my head anyway.